STUDENT SERVICES/JOB PLACEMENT
All school services and programs are responsive to students needs. The services offered by the Ojai School of Canine Massage are services which support student success and enhance the overall educational experience of students. The following services are available ongoing for all students of the Ojai School of Canine Massage:
-Advising services designed to help students to clarify their career goals and other student concerns.
-Student Support designed to assist students in their educational and accommodation needs prior to, during, and following their enrollment in a course.
-Career Support is available to all students. Available students are notified when job opportunities arise.
STUDENT’S RIGHT TO CANCEL
1. You have the right to cancel this agreement for a course of instruction and receive a pro rata refund for the course material which you have not yet received through the onsite or online program. There will be no refund for online course material which is previously sent to you, by your request, after you have enrolled. Students canceling after the start date of the onsite program will be charged for only the course work taken. The $300 registration fee is nonrefundable. A student may withdraw from a onsite course, after instruction has started, and receive a pro rata refund for the unused portion of the tuition and other refundable charges if the student has completed 60% or less of the instruction. There is no refund when more than 60% of a course is taken, in the current payment period, in your program through the last day of attendance.
2. Cancellation may occur when the student provides a written notice of cancellation at the following address: Ojai School of Canine Massage at P.O. Box 1263 Ojai, CA 93024. This can be sent by regular mail delivery or the student may cancel a course via email (JLR.firstname.lastname@example.org) as well.
3. The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail and properly addressed with proper postage.
4. The written notice of cancellation need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that the student no longer wishes to be bound by the Enrollment Agreement.
5. If the Enrollment Agreement is cancelled, the school will refund the student any money he/she is due, less any deduction for equipment not returned in good condition, within 45 days after the notice of cancellation is received.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PROGRAM
You may withdraw from a onsite course at any time, after the start of a course, and receive a pro rata refund if you have completed 60 percent or less of the scheduled days (or hours) in the current payment period in your program through the last day of attendance. The refund will be less a registration or administration fee of $300 and/or the amount of tuition owed for classes taken; as well as any deduction for equipment not returned in good condition, within 45 days of withdrawal. If the student has completed more than 60% of the period of attendance for which the student was charged, the tuition is considered earned and the student will receive no refund.
There will be no refund for online course material which is previously sent to you, by your request, after you have enrolled.
For the purpose of determining a refund under this section, a student shall be deemed to have withdrawn from a program of instruction when any of the following occurs:
– The student notifies the institution of the student’s withdrawal or as of the date of the student’s withdrawal, whichever is later.
-The institution terminates the student’s enrollment for failure to maintain satisfactory progress; failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the institution; absences in excess of maximum set forth by the institution; and/or failure to meet financial obligations to the School.
-The student has failed to attend class for six successive days or ten total days of classes without adequate and legitimate reason or without an approved leave of absence .
For programs beyond the current “payment period,” if you withdraw prior to the next payment period, all charges collected for the next period will be refunded. If any portion of the tuition was paid from the proceeds of a loan or third party, the refund shall be sent to the lender, third party or , if appropriate, to the state or federal agency that guaranteed or reinsured the loan. Any amount of the refund in excess of the unpaid balance of the loan shall be paid to the student.
Student Questions or Grievances:
Any questions, or grievances, a student may have regarding the online catalog, or other, may be directed to the schools Director, Jamie Roth, at (805) 640-9798. email@example.com