200 Hours: 200 hours online from your home computer.
Our online Canine Massage certification course allows you to learn a new profession from your home and at your own pace. Below is a outline of our 200 hour Canine Massage Online certification course which includes audio, video and written instruction.
Instructor: Nick Scott
Description: This comprehensive canine massage distance learning course provides high quality instructional training in the field of canine massage therapy. You will learn over 20 hands-on massage techniques which, when performed regularly, can greatly benefit the dog and help heal a variety of canine musculoskeletal and physiological imbalances. This program, as in our onsite canine massage program, is focused on therapeutic massage which requires a working knowledge of the dogs anatomy, physiology, common pathological condition, gait/conformation, nutrition and behavior. You will gain access to a abundant amount of additional educational resources in this course.
-You need no prior knowledge of massage to take this course and succeed in the canine massage field.
-This online course allows you to learn at your own pace.
-The instructor is readily available to video or audio chat with you online in order to answer questions and support your learning process.
-Human massage therapists will find this course to be a great addition to their already existing massage practice.
“Regular massage is an effective way to contribute to the well-being of animals and help them live in a balanced and healthful way while enhancing the loving, trusting bond between us.”
Required Textbooks & DVD:
You can order used books, other then the Dog Anatomy A Coloring Atlas, if you wish. Two of the texts have an ebook option as well. Please do not purchase the Coloring Atlas book “used” since one of your class assignments is to color in the pages of this textbook. The DVD may also be ordered directly from the Ojai School of Canine Massage by calling (805) 640-9798.
Total Cost of Books and Materials is approximately $200
Tuition Cost: $1,600 when paid in full. Monthly payments for as little as $200/mth. when choosing a finance option.
- $1,600 when paid in full
- $1,700 with payment option
Organization of the Canine Massage Course Online:
This course has no prerequisites. The student must have previous experience in handling canines. This course includes twelve lessons (lesson 12 is optional) which may be completed at your own pace. Upon completion of this course, students are required to visit the school and demonstrate their knowledge of the hands-on techniques learned. A Skype option may be chosen for those students who are unable to come to the school for the onsite/hands-on demonstration. Please call us for more information.
Each lesson includes written instruction (with diagrams) explaining each hands-on canine massage technique including its benefits and any contraindications for the massage stroke. Following the written lecture are hands-on video demonstrations of each massage technique and how to do it on the dog. Following each video demonstration are audio meditations designed to help you focus and relax in preparation for your next lesson and these meditations will help you learn to tune in to the dogs mental, emotional, physical and energetic state.
A homework assignment is included at the end of each lesson and is designed to help you learn each technique by practicing it outside of class. It is suggested that you take time to practice the information presented in each lesson, therefore one lesson per week is recommended.
- Provide students with a well rounded education in canine therapeutic massage so that they can succeed in the business of canine massage if they are taking the canine massage course online for that reason and to prepare the layperson who just wants to learn more about their dog and learn how to apply professional canine massage techniques to their dog.
- Provide students with deeply relaxing breath and meditation techniques to help promote you and your animals relaxation and prepare you for the hands-on healing journey.
- Introduce specific canine massage techniques designed to ward off stress and illness, improve flexibility, and promote you and your animal companions overall health.
- Gain a new skill or complement your current work with canine massage.
- Experience the transformative effects of healing massage for both you and your canine friends and enhance the powerful bond between you.
- Provide hands-on healing techniques to help your canine companion, and other dogs, to live a balanced and healthful life and ensure their liveliness and longevity.
Course Syllabus: A 200 hour comprehensive online Canine Massage Course
- Course contents
- About Nick Scott, Instructor
Lesson 1 – Preparation for Touch/Starting the Journey
- Medical Charting/Contraindications and Precautions for canine massage.
- Silent Meditation Instruction and Hand Energizing video
Lesson 2 – Anatomy and Physiology – 50 hours
Reading Assignment followed by an online test following each chapter.
Textbook: Clinical Anatomy & Physiology for Veterinary Technicians;
Colville ISBN-13: 978-0323227933
Please e-mail Nick Scott, Instructor, at firstname.lastname@example.org for assignment and test site registration.
Lesson 3 – Canine Swedish Massage
- Swedish stroke definitions and contraindications
- Video demonstration-Swedish strokes
- Meditation preparation and audio
Lesson 4 – Canine Trigger Point Therapy
- Definition/Description of trigger point therapy
- Video demonstration (Human demonstration and dog massage demonstration.)
- Sound Meditation description and audio
Lesson 5 – Canine Acupressure
- Description and diagrams of canine acupressure
- Video demonstration af the various canine acupressure techniques
- Taoist Meditation descriptions and audio
Lesson 6 – Canine Myofascial Release
a) Definition/Description of canine myofascial release.
b) Video demonstration
c) Mirror Meditation
Lesson 7 – TTouch For Dogs One
a) Description and Origination of TTouch Massage
b) Description/Diagrams/Uses of 11 TTouch strokes
c) Video demonstration of 11 TTouch strokes
d) Breath Cleansing Video
Lesson 8 – TTouch For Dogs Two
a) Description and uses for 8 additional TTouch massage strokes
b) Video demonstration of 8 additional TTouch massage strokes
c) Pranayama meditations and audio
Lesson 9 – Canine Stretching Routines
a) Description/Uses/precautions for stretching the dog
b) Video demonstration
c) Candle and Dream Meditation
Lesson 10 – Orthopedic Pathologies
Lesson 11 – Business
Lesson 12 – Nutrition
** Please feel free to contact me if you require help or if you have questions or feedback regarding the course. Please send email correspondence to Nick Scott at email@example.com. Thank you!