To be eligible for our certificate courses, a student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age (prospective students under age 18 may be admitted with the approval of the students parent / guardian and with the submittal of a parental release form).
- Be socially and psychologically capable of performing massage.
- Be physically able to perform massage.
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent, or otherwise successfully take and pass the GED, ability-to-benefit test or equivalent, demonstrating that the student may benefit from the education and training being offered.
- Understand the English language (the Ojai School of Canine Massage does not offer ESL instruction). All instruction will occur in the English language. Incoming students must be proficient in English. Proficient means 75% or greater proficiency in the English language.
Documentation of English language proficiency:
English language proficiency is documented by either the admissions interview or receipt of prior education documentation. English proficiency may be measured using the English Proficiency Test by Transparent Language when no prior education documentation is available.
**Please Note: The Ojai School of Canine Massage does admit students from other countries. The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not provide visa services to prospective students from other countries or English language services. The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not offer Closed Captioning instruction.
Notice Concerning Transferability Of Credits & Credentials Earned At The Ojai School Of Canine Massage:
The Ojai School of Canine Massage has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other school. No previous credits are accepted or may be transferred from another institution. In addition, the Ojai School of Canine Massage does not offer or award credit for prior experiential learning.
In addition, the transferability of credits you earn at the Ojai School of Canine Massage is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the certificate you earn in our 200-hour Small Animal massage program or our 200-hour Small Animal distance study massage program is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the certificate that you earn at this institution is not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending the Ojai School of Canine Massage to determine if your credits or certificate will transfer.
Policies On The Retention Of Student Records:
All academic and financial records will be maintained in the same file at the Ojai School of Canine Massage. All student records are kept on file for a period of ten years and are available upon request.
**The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not participate in federal and state financial aid programs.
A nonrefundable $300 registration fee/first tuition payment will reserve your space in any class and will be applied toward class tuition.
- All fees for classes and workshops shall be due and payable by the first class session unless a payment option has been contracted. A finance charge shall be charged (online program only) when a payment option is chosen.
- The registration fee is for a specific course starting on a specific date and may be applied to a class starting on a later date.
- All financial arrangements must be made by contacting our office between 9 AM and 7 PM. The Ojai School of Canine Massage assumes no responsibility for agreements made with staff or personnel that have not been handled by the Office Coordinator.
- All prices for workshops and certificate courses are subject to change without notice.
- All students are responsible for providing their own notebooks and pens.
The Ojai School of Canine Massage facilities and equipment fully comply with any and all federal, state, and local ordinances and regulations, including those requirements that pertain to health, fire safety, and building safety. The equipment and materials used in our Small Animal massage course include palates balls, fake/stuffed dog and cat, dog skeleton, and anatomical dog charts.
Library and Other Learning Resources:
The Ojai School of Canine Massage maintains a online library for its students. Resources are accessible online.
Our office is open seven days a week between 9 AM and 7 PM. The Office Coordinator will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Our Office Coordinator also registers students for classes and talks to students about their educational goals.
Classes will not be held during the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Forth of July, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day.
In case of emergency, the Ojai School of Canine Massage reserves the right to cancel or postpone courses or to change instructors.
The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not discriminate in regard to race, gender, handicap, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin.
The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not assume responsibility for student housing and does not have dormitory facilities under its control. The Ojai School of Canine Massage does offer student housing assistance with local housing available, through private parties, at a cost as low as $40 per night.
1. In a certificate program, the attending of all classes is required.
2. Make-up work in a certificate program is the responsibility of each individual student. Missed classes may be made up in a future course, at no additional cost, or through private instruction. The fee for private instruction is $75 per hour.
3. Any student missing six successive days or ten total days of classes without adequate and legitimate reason or without an approved leave of absence will be excused from the course (students in the six-week program may only miss a total of five days of class).
4. Credit for prior training may not be substituted for hours in a certificate program.
Student Services/Job Placement
All school services and programs are responsive to students needs. The services offered by the Ojai School of Canine Massage are services which support student success and enhance the overall educational experience of students. The following services are available ongoing for all students of the Ojai School of Canine Massage:
-Advising services designed to help students to clarify their career goals and other student concerns.
-Student Support designed to assist students in their educational and accommodation needs prior to, during, and following their enrollment in a course.
-Career Support is available to all students. Available students are notified when job opportunities arise.
Tardiness, Withdrawal, And Leave-Of-Absence Policies
1. Students may arrive up to 10 minutes late to class without penalty.
2. Please see Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy below.
3. Students may take a one-week leave of absence from a course with prior instructor approval. The student must make up the time in order to receive a certificate of completion for the course.
Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy
All fees for the onsite Canine Massage course shall be due and payable by the first onsite class session. Onsite students may make monthly payments, prior to coming onsite, by paying as little as $200 per month towards their total tuition cost. No finance charge will be applied. All students taking the onsite course, in full, will receive the online course (lessons 1-12) at no additional tuition cost. The online course material is included in the onsite tuition cost, with payment due prior to receiving any online course material. Students may cancel their enrollment in the onsite Canine Massage class, up to 30 days prior to the first day of class, without additional penalty (the $300 registration fee is nonrefundable). With less than 30 days notice, students are responsible for 100% of the full onsite tuition fee. Students cancelling after the start date of the onsite program will be charged the full tuition fee.
Students may take only the online course. You have the right to cancel this agreement and receive a pro rata refund for the online course material which you have not yet received through the online program. There will be no refund for online course material which is previously sent to you, by your request, after you have enrolled.
A finance charge of $100 total shall be charged, for the online course, when a payment option is chosen.The $1,600 tuition charge for the 200-hour Canine Massage distance study program will become $1,700 for a six month payment plan. If a payment option is chosen, for the online course, a payment schedule will be discussed and agreed upon with the schools enrollment advisor.
Cancellation shall occur when you give written notice of cancellation at the following address:
Ojai School of Canine Massage
PO Box 1263
Ojai, CA 93024
You can do this by regular mail or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with postage prepaid. The written notice of cancellation need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that you no longer wish to be bound by this Agreement. The Ojai School of Canine Massage can provide you with a cancellation form or you can use any written notice you wish.
For the purpose of determining a refund under this section, a student shall be deemed to have withdrawn from a program of instruction when any of the following occurs:
– The student notifies the institution of the student’s withdrawal or as of the date of the student’s withdrawal, whichever is later.
– The institution terminates the student’s enrollment for failure to maintain satisfactory progress; failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the institution; absences in excess of maximum set forth by the institution; and/or failure to meet financial obligations to the School.
-The student has failed to attend class for four successive days or five total days of classes, without adequate and legitimate reason or without an approved leave of absence.
For programs beyond the current “payment period,” if you withdraw prior to the next payment period, all charges collected for the next period will be refunded. If any portion of the tuition was paid from the proceeds of a loan or third party, the refund shall be sent to the lender, third party or, if appropriate, to the state or federal agency that guaranteed or reinsured the loan. Any amount of the refund in excess of the unpaid balance of the loan shall be paid to the student.
If the School has given you any equipment, including books or other materials, you shall return it to the School within 30 days following the date of your notice of Cancellation. If you fail to return this equipment, including books, or other materials in good condition within the 30-day period, the School may deduct its documented cost for the equipment from any refund that may be due you. Once you pay for the equipment, it is yours to keep without further obligation.
If the School cancels or discontinues a course or educational program, the School will make a full refund of all charges for coursework not received by the student. Refunds will be paid within 30 days of cancellation or withdrawal. If you obtain equipment (as specified in the agreement as a separate charge) and return it in good condition within 30 days following the date of your withdrawal, the school shall refund the charge for the equipment paid by you. If you fail to return the equipment in good condition, allowing for reasonable wear and tear (within this 30-day period), the school may offset against the refund the documented cost to the school of that equipment. You shall be liable for the amount. IF THE AMOUNT THAT YOU HAVE PAID IS MORE THAN THE AMOUNT THAT YOU OWE, FOR THE TIME YOU ATTENDED, THEN A REFUND WILL BE MADE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF WITHDRAWAL. IF THE AMOUNT THAT YOU OWE IS MORE THAN THE AMOUNT THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID, THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO PAY IT.ARRANGEMENTS TO PAY IT.
*Remember, you must cancel in writing. You do not have the right to cancel by just telephoning the school or by not coming to class.
Student’s Right to Cancel:
1. You have the right to cancel this agreement and receive a pro rata refund for the online course material which you have not yet received through the online program. There will be no refund for online course material which is previously sent to you, by your request, after you have enrolled.
2. Cancellation may occur when the student provides a written notice of cancellation at the following address: Ojai School of Canine Massage at PO Box 1263 Ojai, CA 93024 or via email at email@example.com.
3. The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail and properly addressed with proper postage.
4. The written notice of cancellation need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that the student no longer wishes to be bound by the Enrollment Agreement.
5. If the Enrollment Agreement is cancelled, the school will refund the student for online classes paid for, but not received, within 45 days after the notice of cancellation is received.
A student may be dismissed for:
1. Unexplained or unauthorized absence from six successive or ten total days of class. Please see Leave-of-Absence Policies above.
2. Conduct deemed disruptive or disrespectful to staff, students, clients, or faculty members.
3. Being under the influence of any drug or controlled or illegal substance while on campus or while on official school business.
(Please see section “Student Services and Student Rights” for more information on student Withdrawal)
Student Questions or Complaints:
The Ojai School of Canine Massage is dedicated to providing a safe, secure, thriving school environment that provides an effective means for students to voice informal concerns, complaints, or grievances. Different procedures must be followed for specific types of complaints. Informal complaints related to the classroom should be directed to the teacher. Informal complaints related to the school must be directed to the school Director. The teacher, or school Director, will determine if the student complaint requires a verbal response, written response, or further action in order to resolve the specific complaint. All informal complaints or grievances are documented in the Ojai School of Canine Massage Complaint Logbook and are kept on file, indefinitely, for future reference if necessary.
All student grievances should be directed to the school Director, Jamie Roth, at (805) 640-9798. firstname.lastname@example.org