To be eligible for our certificate courses, a student must:
- Be at least 18 years of age (prospective students under age 18 may be admitted with the approval of the students parent/guardian and with the submittal of a parental release form).
- Be socially and psychologically capable of performing massage.
- Be physically able to perform massage.
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Understand the English language (the Ojai School of Canine Massage does not offer ESL instruction). All instruction will occur in the English language. Incoming students must be proficient in English. Proficient means 75% or greater proficiency in the English language.
Documentation of English language proficiency:
English language proficiency is documented by either the admissions interview or receipt of prior education documentation. English proficiency may be measured using the English Proficiency Test by Transparent Language when no prior education documentation is available.
**Please Note: The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not provide visa services to prospective students from other countries or English language services. The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not offer Closed Captioning instruction.
Notice Concerning Transferability Of Credits & Credentials Earned At The Ojai School Of Canine Massage:
The Ojai School of Canine Massage has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other school. No previous credits are accepted or may be transferred from another institution. In addition, the Ojai School of Canine Massage does not offer or award credit for prior experiential learning.
In addition, the transferability of credits you earn at the Ojai School of Canine Massage is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the certificate you earn in our 200-hour Small Animal massage program or our 200-hour Small Animal distance study massage program is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the certificate that you earn at this institution is not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some, or all, of your coursework at that institution. For this reason, you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer, after attending the Ojai School of Canine Massage, to determine if your credits or certificate will transfer.
Policies On The Retention Of Student Records:
All academic and financial records will be maintained in the same file at the Ojai School of Canine Massage. All student records are kept on file for a period of ten years and are available upon request.
**The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not participate in federal and state financial aid programs.
A nonrefundable $300 registration fee/first tuition payment will reserve your space in any class and will be applied toward class tuition.
- All fees for classes and workshops shall be due and payable by the first class session unless a payment option has been contracted.
- All financial arrangements must be made by contacting our office between 9am and 7pm, Monday through Sunday. The Ojai School of Canine Massage assumes no responsibility for agreements made with staff or personnel that have not been handled by the Office Coordinator.
- All prices for workshops and certificate courses are subject to change without notice.
- All students are responsible for providing their own notebooks and pens.
The Ojai School of Canine Massage facilities and equipment fully comply with any and all federal, state and local ordinances & regulations, including those requirements that pertain to health, fire safety and building safety. The equipment and materials used in our Small Animal massage course include palates balls, balance board, balance pad, Fitpaws donut, hurdle set, fake/stuffed dog and cat, dog skeleton and anatomical dog charts.
Library and Other Learning Resources:
The Ojai School of Canine Massage maintains a online library for its students. Resources are accessible online.
Our office is open seven days a week between 9am and 7pm. The Office Coordinator will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Classes will not be held during the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, Forth of July, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
In case of emergency, the Ojai School of Canine Massage reserves the right to cancel or postpone courses or to change instructors.
The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not discriminate in regard to race, gender, handicap, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or national origin.
The Ojai School of Canine Massage does not have dormitory facilities under its control. The Ojai School of Canine Massage does offer student housing assistance with local housing available through private parties. Please ask for our current “List of Student Accommodations”.
1. In a certificate program, the attending of all classes is required.
2. Make-up work in a certificate program is the responsibility of each individual student. Missed classes may be made up in a future course (at no additional cost) or through private instruction. The fee for private instruction is $75 per hour.
3. Any student missing four successive, or five total, days of classes without adequate and legitimate reason, or without an approved leave of absence, will be excused from the course.
4. Credit for prior training may not be substituted for hours in a certificate program.
Student Services/Job Placement
All school services and programs are responsive to students needs. The services offered by the Ojai School of Canine Massage are services which support student success and enhance the overall educational experience of students. The following services are available ongoing for all students of the Ojai School of Canine Massage:
-Advising services designed to help students to clarify their career goals and other student concerns.
-Student Support designed to assist students in their educational and accommodation needs prior to, during and following their enrollment in a course.
-Career Support is available to all students. Available students are notified when job opportunities arise.
Tardiness, Withdrawal, And Leave-Of-Absence Policies
1. Students may arrive up to 10 minutes late to class without penalty.
2. Please see Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy below.
3. Students may take a one week leave of absence from a course with prior instructor approval. The student must make up the time in order to receive a certificate of completion for the course.
Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Onsite class space is limited. Our onsite courses are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. To assure a place in our onsite class, full tuition must be received 30 days prior to the first day of the onsite class. We will accept students up until the first day of class, space permitting. All fees for the onsite Canine Massage course shall be due and payable by the first onsite class session. Students may cancel their enrollment in the onsite Canine Massage program up to 30 days prior to the first day of class. If you have previously paid in full for the online and onsite course material, you will receive a refund of $500 (there will be no refund for online course material which is previously sent to you, by your request, after you have enrolled). With less than 30 days notice, students are responsible for 100% of the full onsite tuition fee. Students cancelling after the start date of the onsite program will be charged the full tuition fee.
All students taking the onsite course, in full, will receive the online course (lessons 1-13) at no additional tuition cost. The online course material is included in the onsite tuition cost, with payment due prior to receiving any online course material.
Student’s Right to Cancel:
You can cancel your enrollment by certified mail or email email@example.com. The written notice of cancellation, if sent by mail, is effective when deposited in the mail properly addressed with postage prepaid. The written notice of cancellation need not take any particular form and, however expressed, it is effective if it shows that you no longer wish to be bound by this Agreement. The Ojai School of Canine Massage can provide you with a cancellation form or you can use any written notice you wish. Please mail cancellations to:
Ojai School of Canine Massage
PO Box 1263
Ojai, CA 93024
For the purpose of determining a refund under this section, a student shall be deemed to have withdrawn from a program of instruction when any of the following occurs:
– The student notifies the institution of the students withdrawal or as of the date of the students withdrawal; whichever is later.
– The institution terminates the students enrollment for failure to maintain satisfactory progress; failure to abide by the rules and regulations of the institution; absences in excess of maximum set forth by the institution and/or failure to meet financial obligations to the School.
-The student has failed to attend class for four successive days or five total days of classes without adequate and legitimate reason, or without an approved leave of absence.
If any portion of the tuition was paid from the proceeds of a loan or third party, the refund shall be sent to the lender, third party or (if appropriate) to the state or federal agency. Any amount of the refund in excess of the unpaid balance of the loan shall be paid to the student.
If the School has given you any equipment, including books or other materials, you shall return it to the School within 30 days following the date of your notice of Cancellation. If you fail to return this equipment, including books or other materials in good condition within the 30-day period, the School may deduct its documented cost for the equipment from any refund that may be due you. Once you pay for the equipment, it is yours to keep without further obligation.
If the School cancels or discontinues a course or educational program, the School will make a full refund of all charges for coursework not received by the student. Refunds will be paid within 30 days of cancellation or withdrawal. If you obtain equipment (as specified in the agreement as a separate charge) and return it in good condition within 30 days following the date of your withdrawal, the school shall refund the charge for the equipment paid by you. If you fail to return the equipment in good condition, allowing for reasonable wear and tear (within this 30-day period), the school may offset against the refund the documented cost to the school of that equipment. You shall be liable for the amount. IF THE AMOUNT THAT YOU HAVE PAID IS MORE THAN THE AMOUNT THAT YOU OWE, FOR THE TIME YOU ATTENDED, THEN A REFUND WILL BE MADE WITHIN 30 DAYS OF WITHDRAWAL. IF THE AMOUNT THAT YOU OWE IS MORE THAN THE AMOUNT THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID, THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO PAY IT.
*Remember, you must cancel in writing. You do not have the right to cancel by just telephoning the school or by not coming to class.
A student may be dismissed for:
1. Unexplained or unauthorized absence from four successive, or five total, days of class. Please see Leave-of-Absence Policies above.
2. Conduct deemed disruptive or disrespectful to staff, students, clients or faculty members.
3. Being under the influence of any drug or controlled or illegal substance while on campus or while on official school business.
(Please see section “Student Services and Student Rights” for more information on student Withdrawal)
Student Questions or Complaints:
The Ojai School of Canine Massage is dedicated to providing a safe, secure and thriving school environment that provides an effective means for students to voice informal concerns, complaints or grievances. Different procedures must be followed for specific types of complaints. Informal complaints related to the classroom should be directed to the teacher. Informal complaints related to the school must be directed to the school Director. The teacher or school Director will determine if the student complaint requires a verbal response, written response or further action in order to resolve the specific complaint. All informal complaints or grievances are documented in the Ojai School of Canine Massage Complaint Logbook and are kept on file, indefinitely, for future reference.
Last Updated on